Make a UHIP claim
Did you pay directly for medical services? You will need to request reimbursement from Sun Life.
Completing and submitting a UHIP claim form:
- Get a claim form.
- Have the doctor, hospital or lab complete section 4 & 5 of the claim form.
- Attach the original receipt (proof of payment).
Mail the completed form and all original receipts to:
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
PO BOX 2015 STN Waterloo
Waterloo, ON N2J 0B1
How we process your claim
Tracking your claim online
Tips for a successful claim
When visiting any health care provider, you should always bring:
- Your UHIP coverage card in paper form.
- Photo ID.
- A UHIP claim form if you are visiting a provider that is not in the Preferred Provider Network.
Sun Life needs the following information to process a bill. If it’s not on the bill or receipt, you will not receive a reimbursement.
- Doctor’s bill- the OHIP code, diagnosis or reason for visit and the fee
- Lab & Diagnostic bill- the OHIP code and fee (MRIs and CAT scans don’t have OHIP codes).
Hospital bill- the diagnosis or reason for visit and the fee. Admissions that are greater than 5 days may need medical records.
- It’s very important to go to a Preferred Provider Network lab or diagnostic centre.
- Sun Life must receive all claims within 12 months of you getting the medical service. We won’t pay claims received after 12 months.
- You should always keep a photocopy of your claim form and all receipts when you send the originals.
Was this helpful?
8 out of 14 people found this helpful.